A Brides Time
Bridal And Formal Wear
Ludington, Michigan 231-843-2624
WHAT IS THE PROPER FIT FOR A TUXEDO?
- THE COAT: The coat should fit comfortably across the shoulder. On most styles, the body should be long enough for the coat to brush the insides of your fingers when your hand is cupped
around the bottom.
- SLEEVES: Each sleeve should fall
just below the wrist bone.
- COLLAR: It should comfortably hug
- TROUSERS: Trousers must be worn at the waist. They must not grab the hip or thigh allowing the pleats to fall naturally, and the length should brush the shoe tops.
- VESTS: The vest should be adjusted at the neck so that the bottom of the vest covers the waistband of the trousers, hiding the slide adjustments.
CAN ALL THE MEN IN THE PARTY
Generally it is appropriate for the groom to wear tails. The wedding party could be in traditional length coats.
HOW CAN WE ENCOURAGE OUR GUESTS TO DRESS UP?
On the invitations, add the words,
"Black Tie Invited."
WHEN SHOULD I SELECT MY WEDDING TUXEDOS?
Once the bride has picked out her color scheme, the tuxedos can be selected. Its never too early. Tuxedos should be selected as soon as possible.
WHEN SHOULD I SELECT MY PROM TUXEDO?
Come in and order your tux as early as possible. If you are taking a date, try to bring a swatch of the color of the dress so we can match the color to your accessories.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE RENTAL PACKAGE?
The basic package includes, tuxedo jacket, trousers, formal shirt, a bowtie a matching cummerbund or vest, shoes. You can rent special items such as fancy vests, shirts, hats, and canes for an additional price.
DO I HAVE TO MATCH MY DATE'S GOWN?
Though not mandatory, it's fun to coordinate the colors of your vest with your date's gown. We offer the latest fashion vests to make this possible.
WHO USUALLY SELECTS THE WEDDING TUXEDOS?
The bride and the groom. The specifics of your wedding concerning style, formality and time of day will affect your decision.
WHAT HAPPENS IF SOMETHING DOES NOT FIT?
Before you and your wedding party leave our store, each gentleman will try on their tux. If alterations are necessary, we can provide them. Make sure the men in your wedding party try on their tuxedos when they pick them up. By allowing yourself extra time, We can make whatever changes are needed for that perfect fit.
DO ALL TUXEDO PANTS HAVE A SATIN STRIPE DOWN THE SIDES?
Yes, except for daytime formals, which do not.